About Me

My photo
Michigan/Arizona, United States
I am a textile artist who loves to design fabric by painting, printing, stamping, and manipulating cloth.

Friday, January 7, 2011

I'M BACK!!!! and sketching!

I'm finally back in AZ and playing catch-up big time. After flying in from RI on Monday, I have used most of my energy setting up a rental unit for occupancy--NOT FUN.

I have spent my "free" time joining three SKTECH BOOK groups: Jane La Fazio's on line class (Joggles) which starts on Jan. 20; Strathmore
Online Workshops
--workshop 2, starting in March; and the SKETCHBOOK CHALLANGE I'm hopeful sure these will keep me motivated to start journaling on a daily basis.

I did my first sketch for the SB Challange (Highly Prized theme) this morning with a quick technique learned from Jane in her San Diego workshop. Using a TOMBOW water-soluable pen, I sketched my birding binoculars without lifting the pen (OK, I cheated a little) and then used my waterbrush to blend and shade the black. It's never perfect, but lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment