About Me

My photo
Michigan/Arizona, United States
I am a textile artist who loves to design fabric by painting, printing, stamping, and manipulating cloth.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Another Pile and a Sketch


     I'm playing again--with photos and fabric and fiber, oh my!  I didn't take pictures of my process because I wasn't sure what I was doing, but I think I'm almost done.  The "pile" above  (if you click on any photo, it will enlarge) includes photos of eucalypus bark, dryer sheets, felt, dyed cheesecloth, silk roving, stuff from a pack called Silk Sensations Strata--Pebble which I purchased years ago at the Quilting Arts retail store in Stow, MA, and some bamboo batting and paint.  I started out thinking to make a journal cover, but it turned into a wall hanging instead . . .   I hope to get the backing in place today, attach the "adornments,"  and figure out how to hang it.

    I also spent several hours yesterday putting together my first lesson for the watercolor sketch class which I'm taking on line from Jane La Fazio .  She gives excellent, detailed instructions w/pictures, and I know I'm going to learn a lot!!  I'm not planning on becoming a water-color expert, but I like using my sketches in my fiber art and journaling.



No comments:

Post a Comment