About Me

My photo
Michigan/Arizona, United States
I am a textile artist who loves to design fabric by painting, printing, stamping, and manipulating cloth.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Putting Stuff Together

Before I left for RI, I printed several background fabrics to make journal and notepad covers for my shop back in Midland, MI. There is still one piece of fabric hanging on  my the design wall.



I decided to try something different--making notecards that could also be used as small stand-alone art. Using my hand-carved bird stamps, I made
several prints of chickadees and cardinals on white fabric.



These first stampings are pretty rough, so I got busy with my fabric paint and water-color pencils to enchance the poor birds a bit.





The next step with be to slice up the background, put fusible web on the birds, and cut them out. Tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment