About Me

My photo
Michigan/Arizona, United States
I am a textile artist who loves to design fabric by painting, printing, stamping, and manipulating cloth.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Valentine Postcards

     I'm almost finished (handwork on one, backing on a couple more) finally ending up with fifteen postcards- each a little different.  I added trims, using machine embroidery or hand stitching, a few beads on some, and free-motion "love" on several.  After bonding white cardstock to the back of each card, I butted pink yarn against the outside edges and zig-zagged it down-front and back-to finish.




     I'll be sending some of the postcards back to my shop in Michigan and some to family and friends (maybe you?). This whole project was fun, and I tried out some new techniques on a small scale.  More "mail art" in the future!!!

1 comment: