Yesterday, I thought this background was OK, but this morning it seems a bit dull. Hmmmm. . . .
I need to get a larger piece of the light purple fabric before I make a choice--also some smaller black buttons. Nothing is sewn down yet.
I'm still not sure--this one may be too bright. I'm going to sew down the flowers and buttons, then mount each piece to 5 x 5 foam core and lay them out together on each background to evaluate.
And here's another piece inspired by Sew Wild. Again, I used an old gelatin print on which to do my scripting. Because the print was made last October using fallen leaves, I decided to write my thoughts about that wonderful season. I'm not sure what I'll do with this one--probably stick it back in the "check me out" drawer and wait for inspiration.
I also plan to try this technique using plain white fabric so I can use other colors of ink. On this one, if I tried to add other colors, they blended with the background and lost their impact. Oh well, I still enjoyed playing with different styles of writing and will do some practice on paper before the next attempt.