About Me

My photo
Michigan/Arizona, United States
I am a textile artist who loves to design fabric by painting, printing, stamping, and manipulating cloth.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Trial runs and another fabric

    I tore the flower fabric into smallish squares, made some simple flowers (pieces of fabric fused together, free-motions stitched, and cut out), and now I'm deciding on a background. 


     Yesterday, I thought this background was OK, but this morning it seems a bit dull.  Hmmmm. . . .


     I need to get a larger piece of the light purple fabric before I make a choice--also some smaller black buttons.  Nothing is sewn down yet.


         I'm still not sure--this one may be too bright.  I'm going to sew down the flowers and buttons, then mount each piece to 5 x 5 foam core and lay them out together on each background to evaluate.

     And here's another piece inspired by Sew Wild.  Again, I used an old gelatin print on which to do my scripting.  Because the print was made last October using fallen leaves, I decided to write my thoughts about that wonderful season.  I'm not sure what I'll do with this one--probably stick it back in the "check me out" drawer and wait for inspiration.


     I also plan to try this technique using plain white fabric so I can use other colors of ink.  On this one, if I tried to add other colors, they blended with the background and lost their impact.  Oh well, I still enjoyed playing with different styles of writing and will do some practice on paper before the next attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment