About Me

My photo
Michigan/Arizona, United States
I am a textile artist who loves to design fabric by painting, printing, stamping, and manipulating cloth.

Monday, September 5, 2011

More Journal Pages

     I'm trying to get into the habit of posting several time a week, so I'm sharing some pages that were finished quite a while ago (actually when I was out in Rhode Island visiting my daughter, Karen).  These pages all involve a bird of some kind.



       Because I had just used a coupon at Michael's for Tim Holtz's resist paper stash, I decided to use bits and pieces for the next few pages.  The flying swallow was cut out from one of his pages as well as small scraps of music.



     Here the TH paper was torn and glued down, then stenciled and stamped over.  I used my "go to" script stamp as well as one of my homemade erasers.  The condor head came from National Geo (I was lucky enough to see one in person several years ago at the Grand Canyon).




     The prairie chicken is again from National Geo (they have the best bird photos) and the TH paper is a vintage-looking account entry.  I thought this seemed appropriate since this bird is very endangered.  Stamps are script and "eraser."



     This one was just for fun!  The bird and the egg didn't really belong together, but the "expression" on the crane's face fits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment