About Me

My photo
Michigan/Arizona, United States
I am a textile artist who loves to design fabric by painting, printing, stamping, and manipulating cloth.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

More Wine Caddies

,    After rescuing another piece of sheer floral fabric from the bin, I once again spent a lot of time free-motioning--this time with black thread.  Sounds like I'm complaining (?), but I really love the whole process.


     This shows the piece after stitching, cutting, and preparing the edges to become a wine caddie. 



     I added some dots and dashes of black dimentional paint to the flower centers and leaves for more texture (if you click on the photo, you can probably see these better). An old wine bottle helps to enhance the final result--I always display the caddies this way at the shop.


     More completed caddies.  I have one more in the works and then I'll be starting a new set of projects.  No rest for the wicked, as my mother used to say. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment