About Me

My photo
Michigan/Arizona, United States
I am a textile artist who loves to design fabric by painting, printing, stamping, and manipulating cloth.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Busy, Busy

    For the last several weeks, I have been painting and stamping fabric in preparation for developing a new product--something I am calling Mipad Covers. 


     The leafy green fabric on the left has been "sandwiched" and quilted, while the lighter fabric on the right  has been quilted separately onto a felt backing.  After cutting each into the correct size, they will be fused together to become a well-padded piece ready to be finished.


  And the completed cover.


     This shows the attached velcro strips which holds the flap in place (the scratchy part of the velcro is on the outside and shouldn't ever come in contact with the electronic pad).  I have about five more fabric sets to finish before taking them into the shop.  I'll be back.

1 comment:

  1. Hey....ONE of those should go to your first-born who, I might remind you, was the one who inspired the idea in the first place. I get many, many compliments on my prototype, but now I'd like the real thing. PS, I need something in reds. PPS I love the clever name.

    ReplyDelete