About Me

My photo
Michigan/Arizona, United States
I am a textile artist who loves to design fabric by painting, printing, stamping, and manipulating cloth.

Monday, October 17, 2011

More Fabric

     Yesterday I worked hard finishing up the printed fabric into pieces ready to be made into covers. 


     Another one with leaves:  I  had carved a new stamp last week and used it over the entire surface.  The backing isn't very impressive--simply leftover paint drops from the "mother" fabric.



     OK.  Another green with leaves.  Hmmmmm.  This one started out with me drawing on the white surface using Elmer's blue school glue (which is water-soluble).  After letting the glue dry thoroughly, I added paint and let it dry again.  Next, I ironed the whole thing to heat set it and then washed it in the machine to remove the glue.  I like the results.  The backing is simply a wash of the same colors. 


     This one is different--collaged scraps of commercial fabric.  These are really fun and easy to create.


No comments:

Post a Comment