About Me

My photo
Michigan/Arizona, United States
I am a textile artist who loves to design fabric by painting, printing, stamping, and manipulating cloth.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A New Source of Inspiration!

   Last week I stopped by my favorite thrift store (where I buy good quality white bed sheets for my painting/ printing substrate) and found a new section to plunder--LINENS.



     This pile includes placemats, napkins, and a table runner with beautiful lace all purchased for under $10.  I took them home, washed and ironed them, and created this: 


     I had so much fun putting this journal together.  Using the bright placemat as a base, I cut up and layered the napkins, added the lace trim, and finally my bluebird (which I sketched and handpainted on muslin).  The words were printed on vellum, cut out, and sewn down by machine.  Finally, an old button for trim!

No comments:

Post a Comment