About Me

My photo
Michigan/Arizona, United States
I am a textile artist who loves to design fabric by painting, printing, stamping, and manipulating cloth.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Oops!!!

I'm still really new at blogging, and yesterday's entry was ahead of the game.  This print was actually the first pull off the weeds on the painted gelatin plate.  After removing the fabric  from the plate, I let it dry completely; ironed it to set the paint; and then washed the back with diluted Dyna-flo to give color to the "weeds."  












After cleaning up the first plate, I applied different paint, new
weeds, and laid down another piece of fabric.  This print is from the first pull with the weeds in place.  I did the same thing as above:   let it dry, ironed it, and applied a light wash to the back.















This was the second pull on the same plate after removing the weeds.  I haven't added any additional paint to this print yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment